We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
We keep this privacy statement under regular review. This policy was last updated on .
In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to River Software Ltd and those acting on our behalf.
1. How do we collect and use your data?
- We may process data about your use of our website and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use.
- We may process your account data ("account data"). The account data may include your name and email address.
- We may process your personal data that are provided in the course of the use of our services ("service data"). The service data may include name, address, telephone number, email address, gender, date of birth, educational details and employment details.
- We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services ("enquiry data").
- We may process information relating to our customer relationships, including customer contact information ("customer relationship data"). The customer relationship data may include your name, your employer, your job title or role, your contact details, any roles you hold or have held, and information contained in communications between us and you.
- We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website ("transaction data"). The transaction data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters ("notification data"). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters.
- We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us ("correspondence data"). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication.
- We may process information that you provide to us when registering for or attending an event (“event data”). This data may include name, address, contact telephone, email, ICE contact, dietary requirements, institution, date of birth, gender and details of any qualifications you hold.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice.
- In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 2, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
2. How do we store your data?
We securely stores your data in the Azure UK Data Centres. We do work with marketing subcontractors, including SendGrid and HubSpot, who have some data centres situated in the US and other parts of Europe.
We will keep your data for 5 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by manually cleansing our records.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, on the legal basis of legitimate interest.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of River Software Ltd.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
4. What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request for us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that wee restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us atGriffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom, RH10 1DQ
5. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing via the link on our communications or by emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:Griffin House
135 High Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- keeping you signed in
- understanding how you use our website to help us improve
What type of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- We uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
7. Privacy of other websites
9. Contacting us
We are registered as River Software Limited, 04243900, England & Wales. Our Registered office address is:Griffin House
135 High Street
Our data protection registration number is Z6784034